7 Ways to Improve Your SEO in 2019
Content is and will always be a valuable asset to any marketing campaign. Yet, your website and its success could fall flat without utilizing SEO tactics. It doesn’t matter how much effort, time or money you put into it – you need an SEO strategy, or search engines won’t be able to find you. And If users can’t find you on a google search, how do they know you exist? How will you generate new leads? A successful SEO strategy takes time and effort and it doesn’t work magically overnight. Are you wondering where to start with your SEO strategy? Here are 7 ways you can start improving your SEO today.
- Over the past several years, image optimization has become a larger piece in the SEO world. What is it? You know that little description box after you upload media to your website? Don’t ignore it. The line that says ‘alt text’ you can add a description of the image or video. These descriptions help search engines find your page using keywords and information found in your images, videos or additional content on your website. It can boost your chances of being found in an organic search.
- How do you write alt text? It’s simple, write a short description of what is shown in your image. How would you describe this image to someone if they couldn’t see it? Be descriptive, but keep it brief and simple.
- Check out some examples here.
H1 Header Tags
- Using header tags, helps users and search engines to read and understand text. In addition, headers are used to show text structure and for utilizing keywords. It’s important to note that headings don’t specifically impact your SEO but they do help to create better quality, more readable text and improves the user experience. Remember: better text is better for users, which is better for your SEO. If your headers help the users to know what the article is about, they’ll help Google too.
- Learn more about how to create a H1 header here.
URLs are one of the first things that a search engine uses to help decide a page’s rank. When structuring a URL keep it short and relevant to the page’s topic and its keywords. Always ensure that the URLs help to categorize the sites pages. Implementing this tactic helps spiders to search and find your site.
- Learn more about how to structure URLs here.
- Keywords are the words and phrases used in website content that make it possible for users to find your website via a search engine. Google uses keyword information to determine which content is relevant to a particular search and how the page should rank. Using keywords throughout your website is one of the most important SEO strategies. The reason? They drive targeted traffic to your website – for free. Be careful not to overuse keywords, especially unrelated keywords as this can cause your website to be flagged as spam. Search engine spiders are programmed to avoid ‘keyword-stuffing’.
- Learn more about keywords here.
Update Content Regularly
- If you’re not regularly updating your content – you should be. With the amount of content being published online, marketers are recognizing the value of updating and repurposing their old content in addition to creating new material. Refreshed content is considered one of the best signs of a websites relevance. For example, reviewing your top performing blog posts from 2018 and if the content is still relevant, update and republish it for 2019. This is a simple method to maintain a great SEO strategy while updating your best performing content.
Blog, Blog, Blog
- Blogging is an inbound marketing tactic that helps build brand awareness, establish authority and trust, and generate new leads, while providing relevant and useful information for your target audience. Search engines favor blogs when they are uploaded consistently, which improves searchability. In addition, without blogging it can be a challenge to increase the visibility of your website, keywords and inbound links. It’s essential to be consistent and use high quality content to strengthen your SEO strategy.
- Living in this fast-paced digital era, it’s crucial to adapt to the digital demands. If you don’t, it’s likely your business will fall short. Did you know over 49% of internet traffic comes from mobile devices? In the past few years, mobile searches surpassed desktop searches and this is expected to continue – making mobile friendly websites a must-have for any successful business. Mobile optimized websites can be reached faster, are easier to navigate and are viewed as more relevant websites. With the growing number of mobile users, it’s essential that visitors have a positive experience on your site.
- Learn how to make your website mobile friendly here.
SEO takes time, and great effort. It’s constantly changing and evolving, which makes it important to always be on the lookout for upcoming trends and the direction it’s headed. Need help getting started with your SEO strategy? Contact us at Luminary Digital and we’d be happy to help draft a plan that works for you and your business.